Gustavo Mirabal travel experience allow him to recommend you certain touristic destinations. Also want to promoto certain views about tourism and ecological care. We hope you enjoy this article.
TravelCon: Come attend the biggest travel media event of the year!
Posted: 2/5/2020 | February 5th, 2020
Are you in the travel industry? Want to learn from the best, meet your peers, and make deals with brands?
For those of you who don’t know, in 2018 we created an event called TravelCon. This three-day conference connects you with industry leaders, influencers, and celebrated writers through keynote speeches, small-group writing and photography workshops, breakout tutorial sessions, networking events, and industry panels.
At TravelCon, you’ll:
- Improve your craft in the four major areas of travel: video, photography, writing, and blogging
- Learn what’s hot, what works, and what doesn’t
- Keep current on the best practices in digital travel publishing
- Learn about new products and services
- Meet destinations and travel brands
- Network with experts inside the travel industry
- Learn from experts outside the travel industry
- Make connections with other travel lovers
- Have a ton of fun!
This isn’t just for bloggers — we focus on all sections of the media: photographers, vloggers, podcasters, freelance writers, travel agents, and guidebook authors.
Think of it as a travel version of the professional development doctors, lawyers, nurses, teachers, and other industries have!
Unlike other events, we’re focused on bringing you intermediate- and advanced-level talks and top-tier talent from inside and outside the travel industry, so you can learn the skills needed to advance your career.
This year’s event is in New Orleans from May 8th to 10th. Since we’re only three months away from TravelCon, it’s time for another update! We’ve been planning a lot in the last few months as we head towards the finish line.
We’ve released the schedule! Check out it here. We’re focusing a lot more on monetization, Instagram, freelance writing, and succeeding on social media. I’m so excited about the speakers and the talks we have this year. While the times of the talks are subject to change, you can see what you’ll learn at the event. Here are some of the highlights:
- How to update content so it ranks better
- How to succeed on Pinterest in 2020
- How to run small group tours
- How to become a travel agent and add new revenue to your business
- How to build a strong online community
- The micro-influencer: how to succeed as a small fish
- The law: legal and IP issues you should know!
- How to get freelance work
- All the tax stuff you should know!
- Affiliate Marketing 101
- Advanced Google Analytics
- How to improve your UX and design
- How to write effective sales pages
- Making money on YouTube
- LGBTQ freelance writing
- Two sessions on improving your writing
- A guide to self-publishing
- How to hire people the right way
- How to run Facebook Ad campaigns
- SEO best practices
- How to make money on Instagram
- And so much more!
All in all, we’re going to have close to 50 sessions to choose from. And don’t worry if you can’t make them all! Included with the ticket is a virtual pass of all the talks. We record every talk and keynote so you can access them after the event to continue to learn!
Since our last update, we’ve added some new speakers:
Author, Never Lose a Customer Again
Travels of Adam
Mike and Anne Howard
The Points Guy
For a full list, check out our homepage. We’re going to have 60 incredible speakers from inside and outside the travel industry. Many don’t normally talk at other events so TravelCon is one of the only events you can see them at!
Workshops and FAMs
We’ve released our workshop and FAM schedule. This year we’ll be having complimentary FAM trips before and after the event that will allow you to visit New Orleans as well as the surrounding area. You can see a list here, but some highlights include:
- Demonstration Cooking Class with Crescent City Cooks
- French Quarter Tour with Historic New Orleans Walking Tours
- Garden District Food Tour with Fat Tire Tours
- Glory Days of the Garden District Walking Tour with Ask Arthur
- Grand Garden District Tour with Two Chicks Walking Tour
- Harbor Jazz Cruise with Steamboat Natchez
- French Quarter Ghosts & Legends Tour with Haunted History Tours
- Cocktail History Tour with Dr. Gumbo
Check out our sponsors!
We’ve been signing tons of sponsors for this year. Our exhibit hall is going to be larger than last year and includes brands that have never attended before. During the event, you’ll be able to book meetings with decision-makers, organize campaigns, and make the deals that will grow your business. Some of the sponsors we have this year
Additionally, though they don’t have their logos up yet, we’re going to have Sony (!!!), TripAdvisor, HostGator, AdThrive, and Moon Travel Guides too! In total, we’re going to have about 40 brands and destinations this year. There’s more to come but, without contracts signed, I don’t want to jinx it!
All in all, it’s going to be a fantastic event! We’re going to have an incredible New Orleans–themed opening party with music, performers, and a taste of the new and old New Orleans. We also scoped out venues for our niche meet-ups too.
If you want to attend the conference, tickets to this year’s TravelCon are $399. They include access to the event, parties, meet-ups, FAMs, lunches, a virtual pass, and more! You can click here to learn more and secure your spot today!
We’re capping our event at 800 attendees this year. We’re currently over 50% sold out and expect to sell out soon (we’ve sold out every year). With only three months to go, don’t miss out on the biggest travel media conference of the year.
If you have any questions, leave a comment! See you in NOLA!
Book Your Trip: Logistical Tips and Tricks
Book Your Flight
Find a cheap flight by using Skyscanner or Momondo. They are my two favorite search engines because they search websites and airlines around the globe so you always know no stone is left unturned.
Book Your Accommodation
You can book your hostel with Hostelworld as they have the largest inventory. If you want to stay somewhere other than a hostel, use Booking.com as they consistently return the cheapest rates for guesthouses and cheap hotels. I use them all the time.
Don’t Forget Travel Insurance
Travel insurance will protect you against illness, injury, theft, and cancellations. It’s comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong. I never go on a trip without it as I’ve had to use it many times in the past. I’ve been using World Nomads for ten years. My favorite companies that offer the best service and value are:
Looking for the best companies to save money with?
Check out my resource page for the best companies to use when you travel! I list all the ones I use to save money when I travel – and that will save you time and money too!
The post TravelCon: Come attend the biggest travel media event of the year! appeared first on Nomadic Matt’s Travel Site.
Gustavo Mirabal Castro wants to promote travel, the ecologically friendly tourism and tourism business
via Nomadic Matt’s Travel Site https://ift.tt/14WVcCB